Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tackle it Tuesday

When I received my bottle of CLR to try I thought I would use it to clean the bathtub and bathroom sink. The kids have some of those bathtub markers and just water never gets all the red marker off the tub surround. But the night before I was planning to clean, Craig cleaned it using the standard cleaner he always uses. (Sorry ladies, he's taken. Handsome, and he cleans a lot more often than I do.) Sorry you won't get to see the purdy baby blue tub and sink.


So instead I thought I'd tackle the kitchen sink. It's one of those things that sort of gets cleaned every day when we (Craig) wash the dishes, but it still gets soap scummy and rather icky-looking. (Those are technical terms.)


So here's the before:

Mid-way through the cleaning: See I even did the dishes. First time for everything, right Craig?

I have my blue rubber gloves ready to put on before I use the CLR.

Here you can see how stained the drain is:And after:
The CLR didn't get all the stains out, but it's much improved over what it did look like.

And here is the shiny finished product:


So my impressions?

The CLR worked well. It did what it claimed to do. However, it's a little harsh for my taste. When you have to wear rubber gloves and use in a well-ventilated place I have a hard time. So everyday cleaning, I'll use something easier on the nostrils and the hands. When I have a deeper clean in mind, I'll grab the CLR.

3 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

Oh, I've GOT To get some of that! I've moved into an old house and the sink is positively nasty with other peoples ew.

I love the pic of your pretty, clean sink!

shrink on the couch said...

Flylady would be so happy.

Anonymous said...

hmm I wonder if vinegar and a little baking soda would have done the trick?

It sure is shiney :)