Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Eebees Adventures

I was given a DVD, a board book and a bath book of Eebies Adventures to review through PBN.


Of the three products, I like the bath book the best even though my baby is too little to play with it much. I know that when she starts taking baths in the big bathtub by herself that she will have a blast pushing the "buttons" and squirting water. It's so cleverly designed with text that tells the child to "squeeze the sponge" which makes water squirt from the book where the sponge is located on the page.

The board book, called All About Me and You, has a fold-out mirror and text that encourages learning about baby's eyes, nose, mouth, etc by looking in the mirror and reading the words that name each part. Babies always love looking at other babies, especially when those "other babies" are themselves. The shiny mirror that is included is bright and shiny which is always interesting for a baby too. My Baby D was quickly engrossed in looking at the book. We laid on the floor and I read the book to her. We looked in the little mirror together and I could see that D was smiling at herself, and at me.

The DVD, Eebees Adventures: Figuring Things Out, shows the puppet Eebie playing in different ways. In one clip, Eebie is climbing on some foam blocks. I thought this DVD might be helpful for a first-time parent, or parents who find it difficult to find ways to play with their babies. All the suggestions seemed obvious to me, but I have 3 children. My 6-month-old liked the music in the video, but didn't really watch any of it. When she gets a little older she might be more interested in the babies and the Eebie puppet.

The bath and board books were clear winners here at the Zebra house, and in time, the DVD may become more interesting. Check out Eebie for yourself here.

No comments: