Monday, February 2, 2009

Show Me How

I confess I was sent this book a while back by Harper Collins and I put it aside with the intent to look at it later. Well, later became later and later until, well, it's now.

When I finally picked up the book to check it out I was a little surprised to find that there are very few words to read in the book. Perfect! I have little time to read these days.

Show Me How: 500 Things You Should Know Instructions for Life From the Everyday to the Exotic by , teaches the reader how to do things step-by-step through simple drawings. It really reminded me of the instructions you get for putting furniture together--well, the kind of furniture that comes flat in boxes that you can buy at Target or IKEA.


The back of the book reads: Life explained. One step at a time. Simple, step-by-step instructions on how to do 492 things practically everyone needs to know... and 8 that no sensible person would ever do. This made me want to search in the book for the things that no sensible person would ever do!


Some of my favorite things to learn from the book included weave a French braid and write with invisible ink, however the book also covers such things as what the different types of facial hair are actually called and how to fend off a shark.


Every reader will come away from this book learning at least one thing she didn't know before!

The good people at Harper Collins are going to give one copy of Show Me How to one of my readers! Just leave me a comment and make sure I have a way to contact you (leave your email address in your comment if you don't have a blog with your email posted).

I will have one of my kids draw the winner on Saturday.

4 comments:

GraficWorld said...

Hello very nice your blog, if you like the scrapbooking you can visit the blog dedicated to scrap full of free resources!
A greeting and good day!

for a different kind of girl said...

What a fun idea for a book! I've not seen this one yet, but I imagine it's out there lurking in an area of the store I don't get the chance to be in much. If I'm not drawn, I'm going to definitely hunt it down!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun book, like the comment above I haven't heard of it either. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

500 things, huh? That's a lotta things. I suppose my brain can take it, though. :)

stacey dot treerootandtwig at gmail dot com